The Japan Meteorological Business Support Center (JMBSC) is a general incorporated foundation* inaugurated in 1994, in accordance with the Meteorological Service Act of Japan, under the supervision of the Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA), National Meteorological Service of Japan.
JMBSC aims at supporting and enhancing the activities of meteorological business entities and the efforts by the authorities concerned towards prevention/mitigation of natural hazards.
* A 'general incorporated foundation' is an organ officially registered with the government to ensure a variety of services on a non-profit basis.
Since its inauguration, JMBSC has provided a wide-range of services, particularly in the following five major fields:
- Dissemination of meteorological data, products and information generated by JMA on both real-time and non-real-time bases to user communities; (More)
- National examination for Certified Weather Forecasters; (More)
- Official verification of the meteorological instruments; (More)
- International cooperation to support Official Development Assistance (ODA) and other relevant activities; (More)
- Other services relevant to promotion of private meteorological business; (More)